Busy Mom–it’s a phrase that’s basically redundant! If you’re a mom, there’s no doubt that you’re busy, whether you wear the stay-at-home, work-from-home, or work-out-of-home hat, you’re a busy mom!
We get it, we wear those hats too. The goal of our lives is to work smarter, not harder, and having systems in place help ensure that actually happens. Here are the brilliant ones that we’ve tried, love, and use in our own lives, in those key areas that everyone has to tackle! They’ve helped us with the juggling act that being a mom is, and we hope they’ll do the same for you, too!
- Establish a Meal System: The Six O’Clock Scramble Meal Planner: A Year of Quick, Delicious Meals
- One of the biggest stressors for a busy mom can be that infamous question–“What’s For Dinner?” Lovey’s founder (one VERY busy mom) discovered this cookbook and instantly fell in love with it. So much more than just a cookbook, it spells everything out for you, including giving you a weekly shopping list for dinner recipes every week which cuts down on trips to the grocery store and saves all that menu planning time! Her family loves it and highly recommends trying it for your family as well!
- Establish a Clothing System: How To Organize & De-Clutter Your Closet In One Minute a Day
- Trying to pick out clothes each morning eats away precious time and leaves you defaulting to the same favorite outfits over and over while the rest of your clothes just collect dust. This system also allows you to go on auto-pilot and ensures you’re wearing and loving 100% of your wardrobe! I have used it for both myself and my children for 3 years now and can’t imagine living any other way!
- Establish a Cleaning System: Sink Reflections
- Although this book was written for unorganized, more creative people drowning in clutter, it has brilliant systems that anyone can greatly benefit from! With just a few evenings of planning using it you’ll have your home mapped out into zones and have a system for cleaning just a little, every day, that will keep your house clean and tidy and making it so you never have to spring clean ever again! In our next post, we’ll be sharing on how you can make this system even easier by getting everyone on board, but it’ll benefit you to get things rolling even before then!
- Establish a Priority System: 5 Days To a More Productive Life
- I recently took this freebie course from Lauren Copeland and it was amazing! Although she covered several things I’ve known or even done and recommended before, she provided so many insightful tools and practical steps that I’d never used or thought of. Truly so helpful for any busy mom, check it out right away! This is also a great system to end on because it’ll once again remind you how valuable putting systems into place for those urgent, not important areas of life (the ones up above) truly are!
Do you have any systems that you swear by? We’re always looking for more amazing ones to implement into our lives so please come tell us what yours are on Facebook!